As you may have noticed, here in the Department of Dance there is an ever-present plethora of artistic activity. In addition to daily classes, rehearsals and regular performances, our students and faculty continue in their professional development with outside performance, choreographic and teaching residencies, festivals, publication and workshops. It is our great privilege to recognize these accomplishments by featuring various faculty and students throughout the year. Look for special reports on recent accomplishments and keep up to date on up-coming events, locally, nationally, and abroad! Look for these up-coming features:
- Interviews with current dance students and faculty “A day in the life of…"
- Reviews of Faculty Residencies and Performance
- Glimpses into the Rehearsal and Audition Process
- Special Features on Guest Artists and Residencies at Brockport
- Updates on alumni- What are the graduates doing now?”
- Links to Additional Performance, Articles, Photos, and more!
Join in the enthusiasm that begins at Brockport and extends into the dance world beyond!
Upcoming Posts on Dance Faculty…
- Juanita Suarez, co-founding member of the Latina Dance Project receives the Lei Vila Velha Cultura e Arte grant to tour Brazil performing Coyolxauhqui Remembers and Slumber of Reason
- Mariah Maloney, former soloist with the Trisha Brown Dance Company, invited to teaches and present choreography as the Artist in Residence at the School of Dance at Ohio University
- Suzanne Oliver travels to the National Dance Education Organization Conference to Assist in the Master Artist Initiative